Monday, December 26, 2016

The before picture: XV-15 Stealth Suits

While I was putting away my XV-25 suits I just finished, I saw these guys in the tray.  After looking at them, I decided to try and update them mainly because they are decent.. just a base and a wash.  A layer and new highlight will bring them up to be the same look as the recent ones. I want to make sure and document the change. 

They will also be re-based in 32mm, and that will allow me to put them on cork so they look closer in size to the 25's.

I also thought about just dumping them in the stripper and staring over as they are metal.  But I don't think I need to go that far with them.  I think layering up the color and then doing the edge work will be enough.  And of course the much-needed varnish.

I'm also working on the Ravenwing bikes and I finished assembly on the 2nd box of Wraiths and pulled the scarabs out of the stripper.  Conoptek harvest fully built!  Nice thing about the Necrons is that they will paint up super fast. 

That's it for the holiday update. I hope everyone had their 40k wishes fulfilled!

No comments:

Post a Comment