Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Trukk #4 finally done!

After a lot of work Trukk #4 is done. My goal was to make it more like a 40's or 50's Ford/Chevy truck

I do mean a lot of work. It was much more work then the cab-over because I had to fit pieces to the GW kit instead of just scratch building.

But after what..2 weeks?  of work it's finally done and I can't be happier. Opening doors, hood and tailgate. Strait sides on the bed.  I love it.

Anyway next project up is more Imperial Fist commission work..namely a Storm Talon.

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Trukk #4, teaser 3

As it turns out, this Trukk is taking longer then the cab-over scratch build.

But here is another teaser...

I'm still not even close to done.

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Cusom Ork Trukk #4 - teaser 2

Just some of tonight's work, building up around the radiator.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Teaser - Trukk #4

Work has started on Trukk #4 already.

It may not seem like much, until you realize the firewall on the stock kit isn't flat, but sits farther back on the driver side.  This was a bit of work to get a strait firewall.  I also removed the scoop from the engine..

As always, more to come.

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Custom Ork Trukk #3 build complete!

This one was a LOT more work then the last two, but was totally worth it. 

First, I extended the rear frame just enough to hold the third axle.  I then cut the front and middle of the frame to shorten it up.  I carefully spaced the 3rd axle using the leaf springs and drive shaft from the other kit so it was spaced just right.

The biggest issue was the engine, I simply didn't have enough room for it. I butchered it and made it fit into the space I had, so it only just looks like an engine enough to call it good.

The doors were almost an afterthought, and now I'm glad I did. That way I can take the driver out to paint it separately and then glue him in place later.

I decided to leave it a flatbed because I thought it looked cool and that way I can use it for other a flakkatrukk later if I want.

I didn't magnetize anything because I figure the primer and paint in the hinges will keep the doors closed, and the cab does not really need one at all.

Anyway, pics!

Teaser #2

There is a LOT of work going into this.  But it's worth it!

Monday, April 7, 2014

Ork Buggy complete!

Finished another project.  The Ramshackle Games Badger conversion Buggy.

This was an experiment in the grey camo, and I'm not entirely happy with the results. I need to swap the colors around a bit.  I'll figure it out.

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Quick update: Custom Ork Trukk #2 completed build

Just posting a couple quick pics of Trukk #2. Love how it came out.

Not much to say.  on to the next project!

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Custom Ork Trukk #2 WiP

 With so much stuff I had to do now all done, I get to go back and work on stuff I want to work on.

Starting with my Trukks.  No sooner had I finished the Power Plant then I ripped open the next box and started building.

I have 4 Trukk kits, all will be custom and unique. This one I started out with cutting up the rear suspension and changing it over to a single rear axle (which also means I have an extra axle and wheels..hehe).  This meant making new leaf springs and drive shaft.

 I then went on to build the same Gorkamorka-style bed I used on the first one. I just really, really like it.  After that I built up front fenders and a partial hood

I'm also not putting on any of the roll bars or other armor plates, keeping a low overall profile.  I'm really liking how this is coming out so far, and really don't have much major construction to do, only details.  And I need to find the driver's head lol.

Anyway that's it for tonight.  This will be completed soon enough.