Friday, February 25, 2011

Slow month, both for hobby and the blog..

I really wanted to do more updates. Last month I did 13! However I find as my hobby goes, so goes the blog.

It took me almost a month to finish the Stormraven.

I did a terrain piece, first one in almost a year. It didn't take long, about 3hrs to build (most of which was beating up the aegis pieces) and less then 2hrs to paint.

I did spend more then a week doing nothing but putting up shelves and organizing all my hobby stuff. It's amazing how much you don't realize what you have until you all put it in one spot.

Now that everything is settled down a bit, I can get back into painting. Last night I finished the Death Company guy I wanted to build to round out my squad to 10. This way I can build the furioso as DC and run 2 them.

I also sprayed the basecoat on my assault terminator arms, and started in on the lightning claws I'm probably going to do a pair at a time. however they are super easy so shouldn't take long at all.

For Blood Angels, I'm nearing the end. Again. Finally. But there is a lot of work to do..just not many models. The terminator arms, the terminator priest, the 2nd stormraven, finish the razorback and the furioso dred.

Of course, then there is the stack of resin I need to dive into!

In the end, looks like updates are going to be much more often now.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Stormraven passengers

While working on the stormravens, I also need to finish their passengers. First up is my assault terminators. I got the Forgeworld shoulder pads done, and the models based on my finished resin bases. I don't know how I'm going to do the thunderhammers yet. I'd like to try another effect then lava, but I don't want them to stand out too much either.

Then there is my terminator sanguinary priest. He will be done for the march freebootaz challenge.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

More lava bases

Finished the bases for my assault terminators and the first Stormraven.

This time I pre-thinned the paints before pouring into the brush, and it made a huge difference! So much easier to complete. I am very happy with the performance of both my brush and compressor.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Air Brush experiments..

These took way longer and were much more work then they should have been.. But I love the result. with practice I'm sure this will get easy.

Friday, February 4, 2011

I need to make a February post

New airbrush and O&G

Black Reach Termies into assault termies

Windsor & Newton Series 7

So many things going on all at once. Getting hard to find time to get anything done. Hopefully this weekend I will be able to make good progress on the Stormraven. I want to at least finish the cockpit and get it completely assembled.

Going to pick up resin bases for the Termies on Wednesday, and going to start working on the termie priest soon.

Oh, and I still have a razorback to paint..sigh..